Your company or organisation name
Here comes a brief description of who you are.
Here come your contact details.
FEANTSA Youth Study Session 2017
FEANTSA Study Session: Housing First For Youth
European Youth Centre Budapest
[12-16 June 2017]
When: 12-16 June 2017
Where: European Youth Centre, Budapest, Hungary.
What: The annual FEANTSA Youth Study sessions over the past three years have provided an opportunity for young professionals from across Europe to come together to identify key issues in tackling youth homelessness and propose a series of solutions. The study sessions have led to a growing and dynamic alumni network with membership from across a wide variety of fields including social work, youth work, academics, students, law, architecture, public policy (local and national civil services), NGOs and others.
The past study sessions have focused on taking a human rights approach to preventing youth homelessness while also developing and implementing an advocacy strategy aimed at raising awareness for youth homelessness among policy makers.
In June 2017 the FEANTSA Youth Study Session will focus on Housing First for Youth. Housing First is a model of providing housing for people with chronic experiences of homelessness and complex needs. It has proven successful and is becoming mainstreamed into many European Government’s Housing and Homelessness Strategies. This study session will take the Housing First model and look at how best the model can be implemented to address youth homelessness, and the specific needs which often accompany youth homelessness.
Key Objectives: The objectives of this Study Session are:
- Share our understanding and best practices of housing solutions for young people, in both preventing homelessness and as a pathway out of homelessness.
- Develop a deeper awareness of housing led approaches for young people experiencing, or at risk, of homelessness, with a particular emphasis on ensuring that their basic human and social rights are protected, respected and vindicated.
- Draft an advocacy strategy around the use of Collective Impact and human rights based housing led solutions at local, regional, national and EU level.
- Provide the skills and training required to effectively implement an advocacy strategy to ensure the learning from the study session can be maximised and put to effect after completing the session.
- To establish a peer mentoring support system aimed at the encouraging continued shared learning experiences following on from the study session and support in the delivery of the advocacy plans developed.
Who Should Apply: Anyone who is -
- Under 30 years old
- Living in a Council of Europe member state.
- Working with young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Experience in housing, housing first or housing led solutions and looking to build on that knowledge and apply it in a context for youth
- Can communicate in English
- Enthusiastic, energetic and prepared to engage in non-formal education
- Willing to commit yourself after the study session in order to plan and carry out coordinated advocacy work together with other participants
In addition to the above criteria, applications are particularly encouraged from:
- Non European Union Countries, while also a Council of Europe Member State
- Applicants working with/for a local authority, municipality or city.
How: online applications will open on 1st of February 2017. Applications will close on 28th of February. To submit an application fill out this Google Form .
More information: Robbie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application process: 35 participants will be selected by the end of March 2017 based on:
- Knowledge of youth homelessness issues,
- Knowledge and/or experience of housing, housing first and housing led solutions
- Experience with youth work
- Geographic, gender and age balance
A maximum of 2 – 3 participants will be chosen from each country
Cost: Travel, accommodation and meal costs will be covered by the Council of Europe; a €50 registration fee will be charged for participants.
START YOUR APPLICATION NOW CLICK HERE